On June 20, as a result of the state visit of the Federal President of Germany Frank-Walter Steinmeier to Astana, several documents were signed to enhance Kazakh-German cooperation, QazMonitor reports citing Akorda.
The following documents were signed during the negotiations:
1. Memorandum of Cooperation between the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of Kazakhstan and the Federal Foreign Office of Germany.
2. Joint Statement of Intent on cooperation between the Ministry of National Economy of Kazakhstan and the Federal Ministry for Economic Affairs and Climate Action of Germany. The measures outlined in this document aim to develop competences of domestic entrepreneurs.
3. Memorandum of Understanding between the National Geological Service of Kazakhstan and the Federal Institute for Geosciences and Natural Resources of Germany.
4. Agreement on the construction of a plant for the production of gypsum plasterboards and dry building mixes between the Zhambyl region administration and the German construction materials manufacturer Knauf Gips Taraz.
5. Agreement on the establishment of the Kazakh-German Institute of Engineering in Aktau.
6. Memorandum of Understanding between the national railway company Kazakhstan Temir Zholy and the German multi-region logistics company Rhenus Logistics.
7. Agreement on the development of partnership in the field of passenger transportation and transport logistics between the national railway company Kazakhstan Temir Zholy and the German engineering company DB Engineering & Consulting.
8. Agreement on localization of production of medium-voltage switchgear in Kazakhstan. This agreement is expected to contribute to the development of the domestic energy sector. The production will be based on technologies developed by Siemens.
9. Agreement on joint activities for geological survey of solid minerals and processing.