This agreement will allow KazStandard to assist Kazakh enterprises in obtaining a CE marking for export to the EU countries. The CE marking certifies that the product conforms to European health, safety and environmental protection standards.
This will increase the competitiveness of Kazakh-made products.
CE marking applies to such types of products as electrical equipment, children's toys, construction products and materials, personal protective equipment, non-automatic weighing instruments, hot water boilers, medical equipment, radio communications equipment, and telecommunications terminal equipment.
In addition, agreements were reached on the following issues:
- preparation for the recognition of KazStandard test reports (training of experts, establishment of a contact center);
- confirmation of compliance of Kazakh products for import into the European Union and CE marking;
- export and establishment of requirements for mutually supplied products of the two countries;
- evaluation of metrological infrastructure in the Central Asian region;
- mutual assistance on the EURAMET platform;
- comparison of national certified reference materials;
- implementation of joint research projects (EMC).