President Kassym-Jomart Tokayev participated in the COP28 World Climate Summit in Dubai. The Head of State attended the ceremony of signing several agreements between government agencies and business structures of Kazakhstan and other countries, the press service of Akorda reports.
On December 2, in the presence of the Head of State, the following documents were signed:
1. Intergovernmental Agreement between the Republic of Kazakhstan and the United Arab Emirates for the realization of the wind power plant project (1 GW).
2. Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Energy of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Samruk-Kazyna JSC, and the Ministry of Investment of the United Arab Emirates for the development of low-carbon energy with a total capacity of 10 GW in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
3. Memorandum of Understanding between Qazaqstan Investment Corporation and ADQ on a strategic partnership.
4. Investment Agreement between the Government of the Republic of Kazakhstan, Aktas Energy LLP, and TotalEnergies for the implementation of the project 'Development, construction, and operation of a wind power plant with a total capacity of 1 GW, using a battery energy storage system with a capacity of 300 megawatts/600 megawatt-hours, near the village of Mirny, Zhambyl region.'
5. Agreement between Samruk-Kazyna JSC and ACWA Power on the joint development of the project for the construction of wind power plants with a total capacity of 1 GW with an energy storage system.
6. Agreement between Samruk-Kazyna and Presight.AI on the establishment of a joint venture for the implementation of projects in the field of digitalization and information technology.
7. Agreement on principles for the establishment of a ship repair and shipbuilding enterprise in Kazakhstan between JSC NC KazMunayGas and AD Ports Group.
8. Agreement between JSC NC Kazakhstan Temir Zholy and Abu Dhabi Ports Group on the establishment of a joint venture.
9. Memorandum of Cooperation between “Atameken” NCE, SAFC LLP, and SEFE Marketing & Trading for the realization of forest-climate projects.
10. Agreement between NAC Kazatomprom JSC and Emirates Nuclear Energy Corporation for the supply of natural uranium concentrates."