The Ministry of Labor and Social Protection plans to approve a list of in-demand professions for foreigners who are looking to obtain permanent residence in Kazakhstan, QazMonitor reports.
According to the draft migration act, jobs under the “Specialists–Professionals” category will be added to the list. To determine which positions qualify, an authorized body will conduct the following analysis:
– determine the demand for specialists according to the national system of forecasting labor resources;
– examine available vacancies on the state information portal Electronic Labor Exchange and the data on the automated information system Foreign Workforce.
The document identifies four priority sectors: healthcare, education, science and technology, and information technology. Currently, the draft outlines the following professions available for obtaining permanent residence in the country:
– professionals in the field of forensic medicine, speech-language pathologists, veterinarians, as well as university teaching staff in healthcare;
– crude oil and natural gas production engineers, chemical engineers, and surveyors;
– mechanical and shipbuilding engineers, industrial and environmental engineers and educators;
– biochemists and biophysicists, microbiologists and ecologists;
– software architects, information infrastructure and IT security personnel.
The list’s content of in-demand professions will be coordinated with the relevant government bodies, city councils, and the National Chamber of Entrepreneurs Atameken, and published in the public domain.
The discussion on the draft will run until January 19.